My students are enrolled in and have graduated from colleges around the world
Applying to college or university can be overwhelming. I help students and their families prepare for and navigate the process with personalized and individualized attention. I advise students based on their interests and abilities; I don’t use a “one size fits all” strategy. With ten years of experience working with high school students from the US and beyond, I help make the process less intimidating and more fun.
All students are individuals. My personalized approach allows me to cater to my students’ specific needs. I work with students and families to empower them to discover the best fit in terms of their college list and choices. What you will get when you work with me:
- Experience: 15 years working with high school students; 7 years as Director of College Counseling at an independent high school in New England; experience with students from non-traditional backgrounds such as home-schooled students and students from Waldorf and Montessori schools. I visit colleges regularly and am familiar with a wide variety of institutions.
- Certified Educational Planner (American Institute of Certified Educational Planners)
- Proven track record: My students are enrolled in and have graduated from colleges throughout the world.
- Personalized attention: Each student and his or her situation is unique.
- Focus on fit: I help students find the best college or university for them.
- International student experience: I have worked with students from all over the world.
- Extensive experience with first generation college students
- Financial aid experience: familiarity with both the FAFSA and the CSS Profile.
- Writing Expert: I have a Master’s Degree in English, have taught English at the university level, and have helped hundreds of students with their college essays.
- Memberships: IECA Professional member, NACAC, WACAC
The support, encouragement and guidance you have provided Abbey (and Jack & me) has been beyond measure ~ You have played an integral role in making this possibility a reality for Abbey and we will never forget that.